About The EOC
Educational Opportunity Centers were authorized as part of the federal TRIO programs in 1976. EOC’s provide counseling on college admissions to qualified adults. An important objective of the program is to counsel participants on financial aid options, including basic financial planning skills, and to assist in the application process. The goal of the EOC program is to increase the number of adult participants who enroll in postsecondary education institutions.
- Admission forms and procedures
- Financial aid forms and procedures
- Selecting a college and major
- Course selection
- Career planning and skill assessment
- Obtaining a HSED or other high school completion credential
- Student Loan default rehabilitation and assistance
- Coordinating college tours
- Personal counseling and community agency referral
Guidelines for Participation
Almost everyone is eligible for the assistance offered by the EOC. In most situations, participants are those who meet income guidelines, are first generation college students, age 19 or older, residents of the EOC Service Area, and citizens of the United States or have permanent residency status.
Applying for Services
Contact the EOC with the information listed above to schedule an appointment and complete your application. Applications are also available at http://www.indianhills.edu/academics/resources/trio/eoc.php