The mission of Iowa Vocational Rehabilitation Services is to work for and with individuals who have disabilities to achieve their employment, independence and economic goals. IVRS works with Job Seekers, Students, Employers, and Partner Agencies to accomplish this mission. To be eligible for services, you must have a physical and/or mental condition that affects your ability to work; be able to get and keep a job after receiving services; and must need rehabilitation services in order to help you get and keep a job.
Eligible Job Seekers may receive assistance with:
- Making Choices about what jobs might fit your skills and resources and services you need.
- Managing Your Disability by arranging assistance for living on your own.
- Preparing For a Job through various means, including on the job training, education, licensing and adaptive equipment.
- Finding a Job with placement services, job seeking skills training, and other assistance.
Students utilizing Iowa Vocational Rehabilitation may be eligible for:
- Tuition assistance
- Vocational counseling
- Support for college students
- Job preparation/Skills training
- Training for job seeking
- Workplace accommodations
To apply for assistance from Iowa Vocational Rehabilitation Services, contact the office nearest you and request an appointment to meet with a counselor.